November 2013 | Chicago, Illinois
" Nothing compares to Gratz. The springs, resistance, weight of the carriage, measurements,
workmanship - it's all the way Joe meant it to be."
- Jennifer Palmer, Instructor
The Pilates Studio at Galter LifeCenter is fully equipped with Gratz apparatus. Galter LifeCenter is a 69,000 square foot medically based fitness facility on the north side of Chicago that opened in 1991. Pilates started here in 2000 with one reformer and has been growing ever since. Galter LifeCenter is the only hospital based fitness center in Illinois that is certified through the Medical Fitness Association; an accreditation earned in 2010. Also housed here is the Physical Therapy Department and Balance Center of Swedish Covenant Hospital, of which we cross refer. We value having the ability to offer a continuum of care to our members and guests. The staff at Galter LifeCenter are proud to offer Pilates privates, duets, trios, mat classes and workshops. The Pilates clientele include people from the ages of 13-85. There are athletes, boxers, football players, hockey players, golfers, teachers, lawyers, executive, doctors, chiropractors, stay a home mothers and retirees; people from all walks of life.
Our instructors are classically trained and have been through a rigorous certification process including over 600 hours of apprenticeship. Our instructors have been certified by Master instructor Romana Kryzanowska / Romana's Pilates.
- Jackie Brenner, 1998 - she was captivated by movement retraining possibilites
- Juliet Cella, 1999 - she is especially interested in the use of Pilates for rehabilitation
- Cori Dawson, 1999 - she works to pass along balance in the body and in one's life
- Jennifer Palmer, 1999 - she wants her clients to be able to reach goals that help them in their everyday life
- Joe Palla, 2000 - has helped our members become more knowledgeable about the importance of how pilates can help our bodies
- Gail Tangeros, 1997 - after experiencing the benefits first hand, teaching this method is quite rewarding; particularly seeing the results with her senior clientele
- Jesse Berg, 2010 - I strongly encourage anyone interested in long term hip, spine, and over all joint health to practice Pilates.
Almost all of our instructors have 13+ years' experience! We are proud to have this level of credentials and teaching experience here at Galter.
All of our instructors started out on Gratz equipment throughout their apprenticeships. Some had to work on equipment other than Gratz throughout their teaching careers, but all agree and Jennifer Palmer stated it best, "Nothing compares to Gratz. The springs, resistance, weight of the carriage, measurements, workmanship - it's all the way Joe meant it to be. You can tell the difference from the first time you push the carriage out during footwork! Returning to Gratz equipment is like coming home." The Pilates Studio at Galter LifeCenter - True to the Original Method...Our studio is fully equipped with Gratz equipment, ready for training and teaching individuals about the continuum of care we offer here.